The Inclusive Education Program provides pathways to support all students with disabilities through their pre-senior and senior schooling phases, whether their goals are work, further study, or other supported placements beyond school. Verified students participate in the same core and elective subjects as their peers, with Teacher Aide support allocated to identified students.
We can also provide access to Work Experience, Disability Employment Support Providers, Ticket to Work providers, and other appropriate agencies as required.
Please refer to the Senior Studies Handbook for more information regarding senior certificate options.
- Year 10 Focus English: Students access curriculum and topics such as poetry (song lyrics), film, plays and short stories as well focusing on developing fundamental English language skills. This Pre Senior subject is a foundation for Senior Focussed Literacy and may provide access to Essential English for students with demonstrated competency.
- Year 10 Focus Mathematics: The course aims to build on day to day maths knowledge and its application to real life situations. This subject provides a pathway to Senior Focussed Mathematics, and may provide access to Essential Mathematics for students with demonstrated competency.
- Year 10 Certificate 1 in Business: This course of study is undertaken to gain competencies in Certificate 1 in Business. It is designed and written in a manner which will facilitate entry level training for students with special education needs. It is undertaken in a small group setting to allow for extra guidance and assistance.
- Year 11 & 12 Focus Group Literacy and Numeracy: Only students working towards a QCIA will participate in these courses, as they do not meet literacy and numeracy requirements for the QCE. Content covered in the literacy and numeracy courses is focussed towards developing a student’s ability to become a productive, work-ready and independent young adult.
- Certificate II in Active Volunteering: This course is offered in partnership with Volunteering Queensland SAAVI (Students as Active Volunteers Initiative). This course will be completed over Year 11 and 12 and gives students vital workplace skills.