Focus English, Mathematics & Science
A small number of students will be working on a highly adjusted curriculum in these core subjects. Focus classes are small groups of students receiving intensive instruction to assist them to achieve their individual learning goals. Activities are often hands-on and linked to real life experiences, and cater to individual learning styles and preferences.
Focus Skills Development
Focus Skills Development is a program designed to allow students to develop life skills and positive characteristics. The outline of the program is aligned with the Australian Curriculum General Capabilities-Personal and Social Capability.
Topics are chosen depending on the needs of the students, but may include:-
- Personal safety and cyber safety
- Making friends and building respectful relationships
- Communication skills
- Self esteem
- Healthy lifestyles & fitness
- Personal development, puberty & personal care
- Community access
- Positive personal characteristics
- Rock and Water program for physical-social development